Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Black History Month- A lesson in Life

Okay...
So call me non-conformist but i really don't like Black History Month. Not that I don't appreciate our history and all that we have/ had accomplished, I just think that we should celebrate all history and focus on this just this one month.
HOWEVER I do believe in equality within all genres of people. Whether it be races, sexualities, religions whatever. We all have a right as a people; As Homo Sapiens to be able to express ourselves and be who we are without penalty (within the law of course)

So that's why when this guy who I know said that he doesn't believe in inter-racial dating I was confused and more than a little pissed. He claims that he's not a racist ("okay... a little" he said) but that two different races shouldn't be together and procreate. It was shocking. Baffling that he wouldn't even consider dating someone who wasn't his own "color"

A girl could be the greatest thing on this earth to him: his Soulmate and he would miss out because she just happened to be Latino, Iranian, balck or and race but white. He's written off his happiness because she wasn't the right color.

it was disturbing to say the least.
It's also a realization to how far we have to go in order to have racial equality, which I don't think that we will be able to achieve in a long time.

And for that reason I do understand why we need a Black History Month. But we probably need other (Insert race here) History Months too.

P.S to all you bastards who cry out "Jews had it worse" who's comparing? I'm not. They should all be remembered as black spots in our history and we should try our hardest not to let it happen again. Which is why you all need to get involved with STAND

P.P.S Hopefully I'll have something happier to blog about next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment